14.02.2019 – 31.12.2019
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
To evaluate the effectiveness of schemes based on dolutegravir (DTG) for patients who are just starting to receive HIV treatment. To study the effectiveness of the transition of people living with HIV to DTG from other treatment schemes. Compare the quality of life and satisfaction of treatment of patients who receive treatment based on DTG and patients who are on other treatment schemes.
Goals and objectives
- Assess the quality of routine data sources, primary health records, and manage them with the data available in the MedInfoService electronic database.
- Describe how healthcare transformations and context-sensitive conditions affect Ukraine’s experience with the principles of optimizing ART provision.
- Quantify and qualitatively explain progress in the dissemination of DTG-based schemes among patients who have not yet received ART and patients who have already received ART according to other treatment schemes of the first line.
- Describe the differences at the regional level, at the level of individual institutions/medical institutions and service providers/doctors.
- Assess health indicators, in particular, the level of reduced viral load.
- Describe the presence and frequency of side effects associated with the use of DTG schemes (among groups that have already received ART and those who are just starting treatment) in addition to other treatment schemes of the first line.
- Compare the quality of life of patients and their satisfaction with treatment depending on treatment schemes (based on DTG compared to other schemes of the first line).